Tuesday 2 February 2010

Learn from our mistakes!

Even triathlon coaches and experienced triathletes get it wrong sometimes. Guy and I have set some pretty big goals for this season. By big I mean the long course Alpe d'Huez Triathlon. Both of us realise that with three mountain passes to get over, before we even start the run, bike fitness is going to be crucial to finishing the race. So on Saturday we decided to brave the wintry conditions and go for a ride in Hertfordshire. Both of us had some reservations about the conditions. It all came unstuck (excuse the pun) when I, quickly followed by Guy, hit a patch of black ice. Soon after we both hit the tarmac! I will lose at least a weeks training due to my injuries. Guy was also injured and damaged his precious bike. Thankfully neither of us suffered serious injuries. So being passionate about your chosen sport is great but don't let it cloud your judgement!

Ride safe. Tim (LFTC Coach)